|Apply for this Job|
|Senior Software Development Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelors in Computers|
|Job Country||United States|
Location Troy, Michigan
Full time direct hire
Healthcare with no monthly copay !
401 K Match
Visa candidates considered
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
The Software Engineer has sufficient skills and experience to execute best practice software design, verification and analysis during system development or redeployment.
Specific responsibilities at the Software Developer level include:
- Takes direction from the Software Systems Engineering Manager.
- Provides direction to other software developers in the team.
- Primary design and development responsibility for one or more modules of the software.
- Responsible for code construction, static analysis, unit testing and peer reviews, and ensuring proper revision control of all work products
- Works independently to execute work plans, provide status updates and adjust to changing requirements.
- Participates in the Software Change Review Board, including providing input and analysis and joining in the decision making process.
- Develops high level design documents, leads and supports design reviews.
- Tracks and analyses software requirements changes. Translates customer requirements into detailed software requirements and design as needed.
- Supports Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis, ISO-26262.)
- Leads troubleshooting of software issues for both development and production software releases, including troubleshooting software running on electronics hardware, battery packs and vehicles.
- Ensures proper configuration and revision management of work products
- Supports Software Validation Team in designing appropriate requirements validation
Education and Training:
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated history of delivering quality automotive embedded software products to market
- Minimum 10 years embedded software development in C and/or C++
- Experienced in leading application software development for automotive ECUs
- Good understanding of platform software and hardware abstraction layer software.
- Demonstrated experience debugging software using CAN tools (e.g. Vector CANalyzer) and on-chip debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach TRACE32)
- Experience with software development and target code generation using Matlab Simulink/Stateflow highly desirable.
- Experience with AUTOSAR desirable.
- Structured software design and code development methods (e.g. SPICE/CMMI) preferred
- Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP) preferred
- Experience with Major automotive microprocessors (Motorola/Freescale, Intel, STMicro) preferred
- Automotive network data structures, protocols, (e.g. CAN, GM LAN, FNOS, J1939) desirable
- Matlab/Simulink/Real Time Workshop experience highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently or as a lead member on a development team
- ISO-26262/IEC-61508 desirable
|Send Resume to this email@example.com|
|Contact number for this Job||(734) 945-3000|